Media > Maps and Models

Colonial Re-Design

(1/1)

Mega:
I am re-designing some of the Colonial ships and stations as requested by Ingar. Currently, this includes the following:

* Custodian
 * Alexandria Station

I will also be creating a few new ships for Colonial.

Current(in SVN right now):
 * Custodian - Currently about 90% complete. Could use a bit more detail.
 * Alexandria Station - Also nearly finished.
 * Goliath Battleship
 * Lancer MKI Light Fighter
 * Lancer MKII Heavy Fighter
 * Tiger Light Fighter

These will include fully 3D windows, lots of tiny details, and other cool things like submodels.

Mega:
Various screenshots of Colonial models:
1. Custodian(Battleship)
2. Alexandria(Station)

NOTE that these represent the CURRENT WORK-IN-PROGRESS versions available in the SVN repository as of the time they were shot.

Mega:
I definitely need a set of textures for this. If anyone has any ideas or links to any royalty-free texture sets that will look nice on any surface or use-case(as in, tiling), please post it here. It needs to be able to comply with our licensing in SVN, too.

Ingar:

--- Quote from: Mega on 2011-03-02 00:30:15 ---I definitely need a set of textures for this. If anyone has any ideas or links to any royalty-free texture sets that will look nice on any surface or use-case(as in, tiling), please post it here. It needs to be able to comply with our licensing in SVN, too.

--- End quote ---

Anything that can be redistributed onder Creative Commons 3.0 will do. Contacting the original author is usually the best way to go about it,
I had several positive reactions before to use stuff that wasn't originaly released as CC-30-BY-SA (e.g. kuroto textures)

I'll handle PR as required.

Mega:
Colonial is using Thorn's texture set now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version