Development > Universe

Redrawing the map

(1/1)

Ingar:
I have been redesigning the starsystem roadmap, currently it looks like this:

The map is not yet complete, and not all system on the map have been added to the game data yet,
the image will be updated as I edit the map further.

* The Independent Colonies are a low level area (with the Ghant system as player start)
where new (or lazy) players could hang around in a relatively safe area. More adventurous
players could explore the central systems and the outer areas would be the place to find the
real tough guys (and the best loot).

* The space controlled by the Great Houses would be a medium-difficulty area.

* The Borderworlds are systems mostly destroyed during the great war and is rogue space.

* The Southern Rim is rogue space.

* The Dragon Eye Nebula is a nebulous area between House Lindblade, House Praetoria and House Dagon.
  and has often been the focal point of border skirmishes between the three houses. The Camorra system
  actually lies just outside the Dragon Eye Nebula but is usually included when refering to the general area.

For every system we'd need a description of the factions that inhabit it, planets, places, trading
information etc... Ultimately this should all end up on the Universe page on the wiki.
For now, the authorative source of information is the starsystem roadmap from the design documentation.

Ingar:
I've started a list of Starsystems on the wiki:
http://osirion.org/wiki/index.php/Universe#Starsystems

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version