Project::OSiRiON is a free space trading and combat simulation under development.
Its goal is to create an immersive universe with open gameplay inspired by classic titles such as
Join the game as a poor man with a small ship and try to get rich through
trading or fighting. More credits buy bigger ships and more guns,
enabling you to gathering your riches even faster.
- Available for Windows and Linux
- Singleplayer, open gameplay mode
- Multiplayer through a dedicated server
- Open game universe with many starsystems to visit. Go wherever you want,
whenever you want. The universe is defined in easy to edit ini files,
server owners can run fully customized games.
- Planets, starbases, starsystems and jumpgates.
Larger ships have their own jumpdrives
- Buyable ships ranging from small transports to large command carriers.
- Commodity trading, equipable weapons, ejectable cargo.
- NPC factions and player reputation, friendly and hostile NPCs.
- Player owned carriers which can be docked by other players.
- PvP dogfights.
- Cheap graphics, it's a feature!
- Physics support through the Bullet Physics library.
- The engine and the game are written in C++ and are a work in progress.
- Player-to-player trading.
- Mercenary and trading missions.
- Asteroids, nebula and an asteroid mining system with related industry.
- The long term goal is to end up with a compelling singleplayer campaign.
This requires a lot of missing features to be implemented and will therefor
remain on the wishlist until the game itself is fully playable.
The website for Project::OSiRiON can be found here
The community forums can be found here
Documentation can be found on the wiki
The official IRC channel is #osirion on the
FreeNode IRC network.
The core team, these people work on the game and decide about its future:
|Stijn 'Ingar' Buys
||Programming, modeling, graphics, sound
|Michael 'Thorn' Rodenhurst
||Modeling, graphics, web server
|Evan 'Mega' Goers
These people created new content for the game:
|Cody 'Supertanker' Jackson
|Antti 'Karvajalka' Lahti
Development can be tracked on the GitLab instance
The engine and game source code can be downloaded here
The game data can be downloaded here
The engine and game source code is distributed under the terms and conditions of the
GNU General Public License, version 2.
The game data is distributed under the terms and conditions of the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.
Please be aware of a few exceptions, listed below.
The following game data files are not licensed under CC-SA 3.0,
but are distributed under a different license:
These files are distributed under the terms and conditions of the
CREATIVE COMMONS SAMPLING PLUS 1.0 LICENSE:
This project could not have been possible without the work of others:
- the GtkRadiant and NetRadiant contributers
- The Satgnu crew
- The Quake2World community
QUAKE and ID are registered trademarks of id Software, Inc.
LEGO is a registered trademark of the LEGO Group.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Project::OSiRiON is an independent, not-for-profit project
and is not affiliated with these companies.